Alasdair has over 20 years of internal experience in internal audit and public accounting in the US and Europe. Alasdair has extensive experience in risk assessment, implementing and optimizing Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) programs, designing regulatory compliance programs, and working with process owners to reduce risk.
Highlights of his internal audit experience include:
- Designed a legal compliance program for a multi-billion dollar Procure-to-Pay process
- Eliminated over $1 million dollars in external auditor fees by implementing a risk assessment approach to SOX compliance and increasing external auditor reliance through delivering high quality internal audit work
- Developed and implemented risk assessment methodologies
- Provided controls and project management guidance on systems implementations, including SAP and Workday
- Performed segregation of duties reviews in Oracle and SAP environments, eliminating a significant number of fraud risks
- Performed fraud prevention and detection/investigation reviews
Prior to joining JC Jones, Alasdair held Director level internal audit roles with global multi-billion dollar companies, with oversight responsibilities for North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Audit work included financial, SOX, operational, and IT audits as well as fraud investigations. Prior to that, Alasdair spent 10 years in public accounting with Arthur Andersen and PwC, serving a broad range of public and private clients across a variety of industries.
Alasdair is a Chartered Accountant and a Certified Internal Auditor. He is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland and the Institute of Internal Auditors. Alasdair earned a Bachelor of Accounting from the University of Glasgow.