Jamal has over six years of professional experience in public accounting and industry financial audits. Prior to joining JC Jones, his most recent experience was two years in the Corporate Audit Services group of a major international global eye health company. As a Corporate Audit Services Senior, Jamal was responsible for the planning, execution, and culmination of global audit procedures. Additional experience includes four years of professional experience with Ernst & Young, LLP. While at Ernst & Young, Jamal led Financial Statement, OMB A-133, and Benefit Plan Audits.
Highlights of Jamal’s experience include:
- Planned, executed, and culminated audits of international and domestic locations
- Managed and instructed Big 4 auditors assisting with Financial SOX audits globally
- Trained Senior Auditor colleagues within the Corporate Audit Services department
- Improved the content and functionality of the company's audit database tool
- Led numerous engagement teams through the entire audit process
- Developed and Issued Corporate Audit Reports to Senior Management
- Experienced public, private, non-profit, and health-care audit engagements
Jamal is a New York State Certified Public Accountant, and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Institute of Internal Auditors, and the National Association of Black Accountants. Jamal earned a Bachelor’s of Business Administration in Finance from Kent State University and a Master’s of Science in Accountancy from the University of Notre Dame.