Martin has over five years of professional experience in public accounting and financial accounting and reporting. Prior to joining JC Jones, his most recent experience was with Interactive Brokers Group Inc. with the Public Reporting and Electronic Brokerage Accounting groups. Additional experience includes the public accounting firm O’Connor Davies. As a Senior Accountant, Martin led Financial Statement audits and tax services for a wide range of clients including Investment Management, Non-Profit, Real Estate Investment, Health Care, and Governmental Entities. Highlights of Martin’s experience include:
- Automated the quarterly financial reporting process to for better accuracy more timely completion
- Supported clients in constructing/revising internal controls
- Performed cost analyses to determine project implementations
- Assisted in the trial and roll out of a paperless workpaper software solution and trained colleagues how to use the system for time and filing efficiencies as well and better accuracy
- Internal audit and SOX compliance outsource for multi-billion dollar domestic public companies
Martin earned his bachelor’s degree in Accounting from St. John Fisher College and is a New York State CPA. In addition, he has earned his MBA from the University of Connecticut with concentrations in Finance and International Business.