Patrick J. Guisto
PJ is one of the founding partners of JC Jones and leads the firm’s Governance, Risk and Compliance practice. He has over 20 years of experience in public and privately held business, including, manufacturing, distribution, not-for-profit, higher education and various service industries. PJ has extensive experience with mergers and acquisitions, strategic planning, business succession, business turnarounds, and information systems selection and implementations. He also serves as one of our Managing Partners.
Highlights of his advisory experience include:
- Led strategic planning initiatives at the entity-wide and division level for entities ranging in size from $10 million to $5 billion in sales
- Performed due diligence and post-merger business integration (including ERP systems migration) for businesses ranging from multi-billion $ public companies to $50 million privately held companies
- Implemented global inventory control and cycle counting processes across 65 locations for a public company enabling a reduction in days of inventory on hand from 134 to 79 which is 5 days better than the industry average
- Performed Enterprise Wide risk assessments using the COSO Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework for multibillion $ public companies
- Led Sarbanes-Oxley compliance initiatives for several multi-billion $ global public companies
- Eliminated over $1 million dollars in external auditor fees by implementing a risk assessment approach to Sarbanes Oxley compliance and transitioning the internal audit department to out-sourced function
- Implemented profit improvement strategies, best practice benchmarking, process improvement, cash flow management and implementation of internal control policies and procedures
Prior to joining JC Jones PJ was an audit manager with KPMG and Manager of Audit Services with ITT Industries-Goulds Pumps, Inc. where he was responsible for operations in Europe, Asia, South America, and the United States.
PJ is a CPA and a member of the AICPA, the Institute of Internal Auditors and the Turnaround Management Association. He founded and chairs the Upstate New York Internal Audit Executives Roundtable and has been a guest speaker on Sarbanes-Oxley for the Michigan Association of CPAs and the Turnaround Management Association. PJ serves on the board of the Catholic Family Center and earned a BS in accounting from St. John Fisher College.
Contact PJ at (585) 317-1006 or firstname.lastname@example.org