Ron is a highly experienced and accomplished turnaround professional. He has provided advisory services to more than 100 individual business turnarounds and is a past winner of the Turnaround Management Association’s prestigious ‘Turnaround of the Year Award’. He joined JC Jones in 1999 and is one of our Managing Partners. He has over 30 years experience successfully partnering with both profitable and distressed companies to solve complex problems, improve operating performance and maximize value to stakeholders in a wide range of industries.
Highlights of Ron’s experience include:
- Led turnaround of the oldest continuously operating paper processing mill in the US (200years) for which Ron was the winner of the national Turnaround Management Association’s 2005 “Turnaround of the Year Award”
- Price restructuring – Optimized pricing for a $2B division of a leading electronic components manufacturer yielding $20M annually across 34 product lines and 55k SKUs
- Directed the debtor team for a $800M fresh meat distributor in the successful dismissal of a Chapter 11 case with the first ever 503(b)(9) committee and wound operations down over a 3 month period with full repayment to all secured creditors
- Led turnaround of a $200M aluminum extruder resulting in net profit improvement of 100 percent
- Designed and supported the successful restructuring plan for a community health care system including a hospital and specialized nursing facility
- Negotiated sale of a 90 year old commercial scrap re-cycling center netting a substantial return for ownership after various failed re-financing and sale attempts led by other professional firms
- Led turnaround of 100 year old pharmaceutical company resulting in out-of-court settlement for repayment of legacy debt in full with no new additional funding
- On behalf of a noted US university led effort to control a $85M construction project that was over budget by 15% and behind completion by 9 months – project came in on the revised timeline and budget while recouping 5% of budget overruns without litigation
Ron began his career with the public accounting firm KMG Main Hurdman moving on to become a partner with Goldstein & Frederickson, Controller for a metering pump manufacturer and CFO/COO for one of the top 5 glass and glazing contractors in the US.
Ron holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the Rochester Institute of Technology, is a CPA and is a member of the Turnaround Management Association and American Bankruptcy Institute. He has been published in a variety of national and regional business publications and has been a speaker at the Turnaround Management Association and the M&A Advisor annual conferences.
Contact Ron at (585) 385-0472 or firstname.lastname@example.org